This entry was posted on August 26, 2014.
Silk is a magic material. Did you know that sleeping on an comforter that is made of silk can make you look young? Did you have an idea that silk bedding is averse to bed bugs? There are a number of ways in which silk aids your health as well as looks. The natural properties found in silk make it one of the most desirable materials in the bedding and furniture market. The following are some points that you should know about silk:
1. It is hypoallergenic in nature
2. It is extremely soft yet very durable
3. It does not require pesticides to be grown and hence is absolutely
4. It repels bed bugs
5. It can keep you cool in summers and warm in winters
6. It can wick moisture off the air
These are some of the qualities of silk that have made researchers innovate and create silk bedding. Comforters, sheets and more made out of silk is a big trend today. Silk can be used in your home as a part of bedding and furniture in a number of ways that are mentioned as follows:
- As curtains. You find a variety of curtains for your home ranging from traditional looking types to modern, chic one.
- As sofa covers and cushion covers. The beautiful sheen that they lend to the couch is awesome !
- In bedding as comforters and bed sheets, as well as silk pillow covers.
- As window curtains for big and small windows.
- As table cloth in case the table is made of wood. Silk will slip from glass tables easily.Using silk as a part of your rooms interior décor will help you add to the charm of the room as well as to your health. So, have you checked out the options available yet?