Chances are that your bedding is made out of cotton, or even a heavier flannel cotton in the winter, but unless your thread count is about a million it is time to try the alternative. You may think that bamboo only belongs in the belly of a panda bear or in martial arts movies, but you would be oh so wrong. Bamboo bedding is relatively new, but understanding the benefits will make you a bamboo believer.
Here are 6 reasons why you should switch to bamboo bedding today:
- The source for these products is extremely renewable and fast growing. In fact, some bamboo can grow up to a foot in one day. This makes for an eco-friendly alternative, so help save the earth and go green.
- Bamboo has a natural resistance to pest and fungi infestation, so it has no need for pesticides and fertilizers. It retains most of its original antibacterial properties, making it a perfect option for those with sensitive skin because the material is hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, and antibacterial. This is great for health reasons, too, because the less bacteria you come in contact with the less chance you have of getting sick.
- It is extremely resilient. Most of the strength in this bedding comes directly from the fibers of the plant, making the sheets and blankets incredibly durable. Bamboo can last up to three times as long as cotton sheets, without losing any of its soft and silky texture, when properly cared for.
- Bamboo has the ability to insulate, which means you’ll love it for both summer and winter months. They will keep you cool on those hot summer nights and warm on the snowy winter evenings.
- If you tend to sweat while sleeping or just don’t have air conditioning this summer, this lightweight material is perfect to help you combat those uncomfortable nights of slumber due to its ability to wick away moisture.
- The comfort and softness level is definitely in the luxurious ball park. When compared to even the highest thread-count cotton sheets, bamboo wins the softness battle every time. If you want to know what it feels like to sleep on a cloud, that is giving you a hug, it’s time to try bamboo.
Now that you’ve learned all the wonderful things about bamboo bedding, you must admit they have an undeniable appeal. From sheets and comforters to beautiful and soft duvet covers, bamboo is by far the superior choice.